Development and Communications Intern
CfJJ is seeking an intern interested in assisting with and gaining skills in fundraising, communications, and event planning in an advocacy nonprofit environment. This position will require 10-20 hours per week for a minimum of eight weeks.
The Development and Communications intern will:
- conduct research on prospective foundations
- assist in outreach to potential sponsors for our annual Leadership Celebration event
- assist in the planning, coordination, and advertising of our fall conference
- have the opportunity to contribute to social media posts
The intern will work directly with the Development/Program Associate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to summarize policy and research reports in an engaging way
- Experience with social media platforms (particularly Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Event planning and/or fundraising experience, a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues
To apply for this internship position, please submit a cover letter, resume and a 2-3 page writing sample to cfjj (at) cfjj.org. Please use the subject line "Development/Communication Intern".
Thank you for your interest in interning with us.