CfJJ advocates for a fair and effective juvenile justice system. Our
current focus areas include raising the age of juvenile jurisdiction, racial disparities, and data
We address other juvenile justice issues as need
and opportunity arise. Our work includes:
- Collaborating and partnering with community groups, service providers,
government agencies, and other stakeholders to improve the juvenile justice
- Researching and disseminating information about juvenile justice issues.
- Drafting and supporting legislation and budget items in the Massachusetts
- Convening forums to discuss juvenile justice topics.
- Advising local, state, and federal policy-makers on fair and effective juvenile
- Communicating with media to provide broader public education about juvenile
- Serving as an independent source of information and opinions on current issues
and proposed practices.